In this feature, we highlight certain strategies as a way of giving away a few tips to gamblers on managing their online casino bankroll. Gambling is fun with lots of thrills, that is why it’s important not to get carried away, and to know when to stop. It’s also why we have compiled this article. To help players navigate their way around their bankroll. For instance, only increasing your bets with your gains is one of the tips to take home for the win.
Gambling in a brick-and-mortar casino reminded players of where they were, constantly. Which in most cases contributed to people recalling to call it a day when things got a little carried away. When you’re punting from the comfort of your home, things can get a little tricky.
UK’s best new online casinos are so good that punters need to be cautioned. Whether you’re bringing in the big bucks or coming in with your last change in hopes of walking away with big bucks, you need to know how to best manage your capital. Bankroll management is what sets the winners apart from the fallen and defeated. Here’s the deal.
The Online Casino Bankroll Strategy
No one is safe from a losing streak. That is why one of the best tips when it comes to bankroll management is to never put all your eggs into one basket. It’s one of the biggest mistakes gamblers make when they have tons of dosh.
Some tips to take home
- Play with smaller amounts by allocating a certain portion to part with on each round
- Strictly fund your gambling and maintain the discipline
- If you can’t afford to lose it, don’t bet on it
With the above-shared tips put into practice, you can now start what may turn into a worthy gambling course. But before you do, please take into consideration the following couple of strategies.
Try having fun with a partner and play at a two-seat machine. The trick is to not go over your individual budgets. Thus helping your bankroll last longer. Also, take breaks in between the rounds, and get some air to help clear your thinking. This also means you’re spending less time paying money out.
The scientific gambling method
This method, also known as the Kelly Criterion, is loved by gambling professionals. It is rather mathematical and follows the following procedure:
- Increase the odds of the event by multiplying them with the probability of winning
- Take away an amount in the probability of losing from the first win
- Subtract the amount you gathered from the second step and portion it into odds
The Stop Loss Technique
This one gets straight to the point and doesn’t require mental gymnastics. Just a good old firm hand to keep you in line. Set aside an amount you’re willing to part with. Once that amount is done for, you quit.
The key takeaway from all the above-mentioned tips is that it’s important to bet in portions. How you go about doing that, online or in concrete casinos, is up to you.
More Online Casino Bankroll Strategies
Lucky for punters, there are more pointers we have to give away. Apart from just managing your money, here’s what else you can look out for.
- Stack your wins. This means that whatever you win, you bank. Thus ensuring walking away with whatever extra money you earned. According to House Edge statistics, you will lose at some point, so best you don’t lose it all.
- Do not try to make up for your losses. That’s how people lose everything, by hoping to land on a hot streak.
- Calculate how much you can afford to gamble into rounds. As discussed above.
- Choose a game that affords your time and budget by asking yourself the following:
- How much time do you have to play?
- Does the game require recurring rounds?
- Are you willing to bet high or low?
- Do you want to play for a long period with a small amount or the other way ‘round?
- What is the return to the player percentage allocated for the game you choose?
- What is the game’s volatility? High volatility puts pressure on your bankroll if you’re losing, and low volatility means the chances of sustaining your bankroll are higher.