The Orlando Magic (21-50) are underdogs (by 8.5 points) to stop a four-game road losing streak when they visit the Philadelphia 76ers (48-23) on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is 223 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 16, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Magic Betting Odds
76ers vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 16
Seth Curry: Day To Day (Hip),
Shake Milton: Day To Day (Knee),
Joel Embiid: Day To Day (Illness),
Furkan Korkmaz: Day To Day (Ankle),
Ben Simmons: Day To Day (Back),
Danny Green: Day To Day (Hip),
Matisse Thybulle: Day To Day (Hand)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Terrence Ross: Out (Back),
R.J. Hampton: Day To Day (Ankle),
Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Ankle),
Wendell Carter Jr.: Day To Day (Eye),
James Ennis III: Out (Calf),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
76ers and Magic Records ATS
- Philadelphia has a 38-32-1 record ATS this year.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the 76ers are 10-7 against the spread this season.
- Only 32 of 71 Philadelphia games this season (45.1%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Orlando has a 32-37-2 record against the spread this season.
- 45.1% of Orlando’s 71 games this season have missed the over/under.
Head to Head
The 76ers got a team-high 20 points from Seth Curry on the way to a 122-97 victory over Ignas Brazdeikis (21 points) and the Magic in their most recent matchup on May 14, 2021. The 76ers were 15-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 219 total points to cover the 214-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|5/14/2021||76ers||76ers||-15||214||-1625||886||Regular Season||122-97 PHI*|
|12/31/2020||76ers||Magic||-3.5||219.5||-161||134||Regular Season||116-92 PHI*|
Magic: Terrence Ross, Markelle Fultz
Magic: Terrence Ross
- In Philadelphia’s matchups this season, the 76ers and their opponents have exceeded Sunday’s point total of 223 points 33 times (46.5% of opportunities).
- In 28 out of Orlando’s 71 games this season (39.4%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the total in Sunday’s matchup.
- On average, the over/under in 76ers games is 1.6 points fewer than the over/under of 223 points in this matchup.
- Magic’s games have an over/under of 216.9 points this season, 6.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The 76ers’ average implied point total this season is 1.4 fewer points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (114.6 implied points on average compared to 116 implied points in this game).
- Philadelphia has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (116) 31 times this season.
- The 112.6-point average implied total on the season for the Magic is 5.6 more points than the team’s 107-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Orlando has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 28 times.
- The 76ers are the NBA’s 15th-highest scoring team (113.4 PPG), while the Magic allow their opponents the 20th-fewest points per game (113.1) in the league.
- The 76ers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 391 points this season (5.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Magic have out-scored them by 659 more points on the year (9.3 per game).
- Joel Embiid leads the 76ers in points and rebounds. He scores 28.5 points per game while also adding 10.6 rebounds.
- Embiid’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 9.5 boards, 1.1 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.6.
- The squad is led in assists by Ben Simmons’ 6.9 per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 0.9 less than his season average of 28.4.
- Danny Green hits 2.5 threes per game to lead the 76ers.
- Green’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Philadelphia’s blocks leader is Embiid, who records 1.4 per game. Matisse Thybulle leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a game.
- Thybulle’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Terrence Ross owns the Magic top spot in scoring with 15.6 points per game and also tacks on 3.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest.
- Ross’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 2.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Wendell Carter Jr. (8.2 rebounds per game) and Michael Carter-Williams (4.2 assists per game) are the Orlando leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Carter-Williams’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 14.5, 3.0 lower than his season average of 17.5.
- Ross leads the Magic in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.9 made threes per game.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Orlando’s Chuma Okeke has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.1 per game and Mohamed Bamba is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Okeke’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals greater than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from