The No. 17 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (1-0) and the Kansas Jayhawks (1-0) take the field in college football action at Brooks Stadium in Conway, South Carolina. The Jayhawks (moneyline odds to win) take the field as visitors on September 10, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN2 against the Chanticleers ( ). A total of points has been set for the contest.
In this article we will surface what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also providing you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 8, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Coastal Carolina Vs. Kansas Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Coastal Carolina Offense Vs. Kansas Defense
|Chanticleers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Jayhawks Defense|
|52 (7)||Points/Gm||14 (35)|
|614 (1)||Yards/Gm||263 (28)|
|348 (11)||Pass Yards/Gm||98 (10)|
|266 (20)||Rush Yards/Gm||165 (89)|
|14.5 (3)||Yards/Pass||4.5 (14)|
|8.6 (5)||Yards/Rush||4 (76)|
|66.7% (2)||3rd Down %||23.1% (21)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||0 (101)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||1 (85)|
Kansas Offense Vs. Coastal Carolina Defense
|Kansas Offense||Stats (Rank)||Coastal Carolina Defense|
|17 (97)||Points/Gm||14 (35)|
|245 (120)||Yards/Gm||237 (21)|
|163 (102)||Pass Yards/Gm||14 (1)|
|82 (104)||Rush Yards/Gm||223 (107)|
|6.3 (93)||Yards/Pass||2.3 (1)|
|2 (116)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (83)|
|29.4% (97)||3rd Down %||25% (25)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||0 (101)|
|1 (26)||Sacks||0 (112)|
When Coastal Carolina Has The Ball
- The Chanticleers have committed zero turnovers, lowest in the FBS, while the Jayhawks have forced zero turnovers (27th-fewest in college football).
- Coastal Carolina has conceded zero sacks (fewest in college football), while Kansas’ defense has one (43rd-fewest).
- The Chanticleers average 8.6 yards per rushing attempt (fifth in the FBS), and the Jayhawks give up four per carry (76th in college football).
- Coastal Carolina’s rushing game ranks 20th in the FBS (266 yards per game), while Kansas allows 165 per game (89th-ranked run defense).
When Kansas Has The Ball
- The Jayhawks average 163 yards through the air per game (102nd in the FBS). The Chanticleers rank first, giving up 14 passing yards.
- Coastal Carolina ranks 101st in college football with zero turnovers forced, while Kansas has committed zero (first).
- The Chanticleers give up 237 yards per game (21st-fewest in college football), and the Jayhawks gain 245 per game to rank 120th.
- Coastal Carolina’s defense allows 2.3 yards per pass attempt (first in the FBS). Kansas’ offense averages 6.3 yards per pass (93rd in college football).
Coastal Carolina Betting Trends And Insights
Kansas Betting Trends And Insights
Coastal Carolina Players To Watch
- Grayson McCall has passed for 262 yards while completing 84.2% of his throws (16-of-19), with one touchdown and zero interceptions (262 yards per game). He’s also rushed two times for 24 yards, averaging 24 yards per game.
- Shermari Jones has picked up a team-best 100 rushing yards (100 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Reese White has 62 yards on seven carries (62 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Jaivon Heiligh has six catches and paces his team with 133 receiving yards (133 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Isaiah Likely’s stat line this year shows five catches for 64 yards. He puts up 64 receiving yards per game.
- This season Xavier Gravette has caught two passes for 54 yards and one touchdown, averaging 54 receiving yards per game.
Kansas Players To Watch
- Jason Bean leads the team with 163 passing yards (163 yards per game) and has a 65.4% completion percentage this year (17-of-26) while throwing two touchdowns. He also has 54 rushing yards on 15 carries, averaging 54 yards per game.
- Velton Gardner has 21 yards on 19 carries (21 ypg).
- Mason Fairchild has four catches and paces his team with 58 receiving yards (58 ypg).
- Trevor Wilson has contributed with 50 yards (on five catches).
- Lawrence Arnold is averaging 33 yards per game, racking up three receptions for 33 yards and two touchdowns.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from