The Duke Blue Devils (0-0) meet the Charlotte 49ers (0-0) in college football play at McColl-Richardson Field in Charlotte, North Carolina. The 49ers,on the moneyline to win, play host to the Blue Devils, listed at on the spread, on September 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The contest’s over/under is currently listed at .
Read this article before you make a bet on this game for updated odds and everything else you need to know about the contest — from team and player stats to key metrics, betting insights and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Duke Vs. Charlotte Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Duke Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense (2020)
|Duke Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charlotte Defense|
|24.8 (90)||Points/Gm||32.5 (88)|
|378.5 (80)||Yards/Gm||419.5 (75)|
|221.9 (70)||Pass Yards/Gm||205.5 (33)|
|156.5 (72)||Rush Yards/Gm||214.0 (109)|
|6.3 (100)||Yards/Pass||7.5 (68)|
|3.9 (82)||Yards/Rush||5.9 (119)|
|38.7% (73)||3rd Down %||46.4% (107)|
|37 (127)||Turnovers||8 (97)|
|36 (124)||Sacks||5 (124)|
Charlotte Offense Vs. Duke Defense (2020)
|Charlotte Offense||Stats (Rank)||Duke Defense|
|27.0 (75)||Points/Gm||38.1 (115)|
|377.8 (81)||Yards/Gm||444.8 (98)|
|222.8 (69)||Pass Yards/Gm||231.6 (63)|
|155.0 (74)||Rush Yards/Gm||213.2 (108)|
|7.5 (56)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (93)|
|3.9 (82)||Yards/Rush||5.1 (102)|
|40.6% (59)||3rd Down %||41.0% (73)|
|6 (10)||Turnovers||20 (13)|
|16 (48)||Sacks||31 (14)|
When Duke Has The Ball
- The Blue Devils were 82nd with 3.9 yards per carry last year, compared to the 5.9 per rush the 49ers allowed (119th in the FBS).
- Duke’s rushing game ranked 72nd in the FBS last season (156.5 yards per game), while Charlotte allowed 214.0 per game (109th-ranked run defense).
- The Blue Devils’ 221.9 passing yards per game ranked 70th in the FBS last season. The 49ers’ defense gave up 205.5 through the air (33rd).
- Duke was 73rd in the FBS in third-down percentage last year (38.7%) and will be up against the 107th-ranked Charlotte defense in that category from a season ago (46.4%).
When Charlotte Has The Ball
- The 49ers had the 75th-ranked offense in the FBS last season (27.0 points per game), and will be facing the Blue Devils’ 115th-ranked defense (38.1 ppg).
- Charlotte’s passing attack averaged 7.5 yards per pass attempt a year ago (56th in the FBS). Duke allowed 7.9 per pass (93rd in college football).
- The 49ers’ pass protection resulted in 16 sacks given up last year, 48th-fewest in college football. The Blue Devils’ defense totaled 31 (14th-most).
- Charlotte’s rushing game ranked 74th in the FBS a season ago (155.0 yards per game). Duke gave up 213.2 rushing yards per game (108th).
Duke Betting Trends And Insights
- Duke won four games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Blue Devils won their only game last season when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Duke and its opponents combined to hit the over seven out of 11 times last season.
- In six games last season, Duke and its opponents went over 60.5 combined points.
- The Blue Devils won two of the four games they were favored on the moneyline last season (50%).
Charlotte Betting Trends And Insights
- Charlotte won three games against the spread last season, while failing to cover three times.
- The 49ers covered the spread once last season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Charlotte’s games went over the point total four out of six times last year.
- In six of 11 games last season, Duke and its opponents combined to total more than 60.5 points.
- Last season, the 49ers were listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
Duke Players To Watch
- Last year, Chase Brice recorded 2,162 passing yards (196.5 yards per game) while going 192-for-351 (54.7% completion percentage) and throwing 10 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.
- Mataeo Durant took 120 carries for 817 rushing yards a season ago (74.3 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns.
- Last season Deon Jackson rushed for 682 yards on 161 carries (62.0 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Jake Bobo notched 32 catches for 358 yards (32.5 ypg) and scored one touchdown.
- Jalon Calhoun’s stat line last year showed 38 grabs for 341 yards and two touchdowns. He put up 31.0 receiving yards per game.
- Last year Noah Gray caught 29 passes for 285 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 28.5 receiving yards per game.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- Chris Reynolds collected 1,305 passing yards (217.5 yards per game) with a 54.9% completion percentage last year (96-of-175), while throwing eight touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Tre Harbison took 80 carries for 337 rushing yards a season ago (56.2 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Last year Aaron McAllister rushed for 254 yards on 37 carries (50.8 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. He also caught six passes for 90 (18.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Last season Victor Tucker had 30 catches for 400 yards (66.7 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Micaleous Elder added 264 yards on 22 grabs and two touchdowns. He put up 44.0 receiving yards per game last year.
- Taylor Thompson collected 190 yards on 12 catches with one touchdown in 2020, averaging 38.0 yards per game .
Powered By Data Skrive using data from