The Tulane Green Wave (1-4, 0-1 AAC) will try to end a three-game skid when they play the Houston Cougars (4-1, 2-0 AAC). The Cougars () visit the Green Wave ( on the moneyline to win) on October 7, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. Oddsmakers have set the game’s over/under at .
In this article we will break down what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also updating you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 3, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Houston Vs. Tulane Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Houston Offense Vs. Tulane Defense
|Cougars Offense||Stats (Rank)||Green Wave Defense|
|36.6 (24)||Points/Gm||40.2 (126)|
|371.0 (81)||Yards/Gm||482.0 (125)|
|239.8 (55)||Pass Yards/Gm||275.0 (114)|
|131.2 (88)||Rush Yards/Gm||207.0 (119)|
|7.5 (75)||Yards/Pass||8.4 (111)|
|3.7 (92)||Yards/Rush||4.7 (103)|
|42.0% (54)||3rd Down %||38.7% (74)|
|6 (72)||Turnovers||7 (20)|
|9 (96)||Sacks||6 (73)|
Tulane Offense Vs. Houston Defense
|Tulane Offense||Stats (Rank)||Houston Defense|
|35.0 (32)||Points/Gm||15.0 (10)|
|416.8 (50)||Yards/Gm||254.8 (5)|
|267.4 (37)||Pass Yards/Gm||144.4 (9)|
|149.4 (78)||Rush Yards/Gm||110.4 (31)|
|7.2 (84)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (66)|
|4.2 (73)||Yards/Rush||3.0 (17)|
|37.0% (81)||3rd Down %||25.0% (4)|
|13 (130)||Turnovers||7 (20)|
|7 (78)||Sacks||8 (43)|
When Houston Has The Ball
- The Cougars score 36.6 points per game (24th-best in the FBS), and will be facing the Green Wave’s defense which is second-worst in college football (40.2 ppg).
- Houston averages 239.8 passing yards per game (55th in the FBS) compared to the 275.0 per game Tulane gives up (114th in college football).
- The Cougars are the FBS’ 72nd-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (6), and are facing the 20th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Green Wave (7).
- Houston’s offense ranks 81st in the FBS in yards per game (371.0), while Tulane ranks 125th in yards allowed (482.0).
When Tulane Has The Ball
- The Green Wave are the FBS’ 130th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (13), and are playing the 20th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Cougars (7).
- Tulane is 81st in the FBS in third-down percentage (37.0%), and will be up against the fourth-ranked Houston third-down defense (25.0%).
- The Green Wave rank 73rd in the FBS averaging 4.2 yards per carry. The Cougars give up 3.0 per rushing attempt (17th in college football).
- Tulane has the 78th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (149.4 yards per game). It takes on Houston’s 31st-ranked rushing defense, which allows 110.4 on the ground.
Houston Betting Trends And Insights
- Houston has compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have covered the spread twice when favored by 4.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over three out of five times this season.
- None of Houston’s five games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 62.
- The Cougars have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
Tulane Betting Trends And Insights
- Tulane has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Green Wave have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Tulane’s games have hit the over four out of five times this season.
- Tulane has combined with its opponents to score more than 62 points in four of five games this season.
- The Green Wave have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Houston Players To Watch
- Clayton Tune leads the team with 970 passing yards (194.0 yards per game) and has a 71.3% completion percentage this year (92-of-129) while throwing seven touchdowns with six interceptions. He also has 68 rushing yards on 29 carries with one touchdown, averaging 13.6 yards per game.
- Alton McCaskill has run for a team-high 310 yards on 68 carries (62.0 yards per game) and seven touchdowns. He also has 78 receiving yards on 11 catches (15.6 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Ta’Zhawn Henry has 122 yards on 24 carries (30.5 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Nathaniel Dell has 31 catches, leading his team with 424 yards (84.8 ypg) while also scoring three touchdowns this season.
- Christian Trahan has hauled in 15 catches for 178 yards (35.6 yards per game).
- Marcus Jones has caught 10 passes for 109 yards and one touchdown, averaging 21.8 yards per game this year.
Tulane Players To Watch
- Michael Pratt has thrown for 1,150 yards while completing 58.8% of his passes (94-of-160), with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions this year (230.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 50 times for 117 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 23.4 yards per game.
- Cameron Carroll has taken 42 attempts for a team-leading 204 rushing yards (40.8 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He’s also caught eight passes for 96 yards (19.2 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- This season Tyrick James has 19 catches and leads the team with 289 yards (57.8 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Jaetavian Toles has also added 14 catches for 214 yards and two touchdowns this year. He averages 42.8 receiving yards per game.
- Duece Watts is averaging 58.3 yards per game, racking up 11 receptions for 175 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from