The Houston Rockets (15-45) are big, 13.5-point underdogs as they look to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Denver Nuggets (38-21) on Saturday, April 24, 2021 at Ball Arena. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET on ALT. The matchup has an over/under set at 226 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 24, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Rockets Betting Odds
Nuggets vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 24
Monte Morris: Out (Hamstring),
Will Barton: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Jamal Murray: Out For Season (Knee)
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
D.J. Augustin: Out (Ankle),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Sterling Brown: Out (Knee),
Avery Bradley: Out (Illness)
Nuggets and Rockets Records ATS
- Denver is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 28-31
- The Nuggets have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 13.5 points, going 0-2 this season.
- Denver and its opponents have hit the over in 32 of 59 games this season (54.2%).
- Houston holds a losing record ATS this season with 20 wins, 39 losses, and one tie ATS.
- 41.7% of Houston’s 60 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Nuggets defeated the Rockets 128-99 in the last meeting between the two teams on April 16, 2021. Nikola Jokic scored 29 points to pace the Nuggets, and Kelly Olynyk scored 23 points for the Rockets. The Nuggets covered the spread as 9-point favorites, and the teams scored 227 total points to go over the 226.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/16/2021||Nuggets||Rockets||-9||226.5||-420||321||Regular Season||128-99 DEN|
|12/28/2020||Nuggets||Nuggets||-6.5||222||-253||206||Regular Season||124-111 DEN|
- Denver’s games this year have gone over the point total for Saturday’s matchup point total (226 points) in 52.5% of opportunities (31 out of 59 matchups).
- In 43.3% of Houston’s games this season (26 of 60), the total points scored was more than Saturday’s 226-point over/under.
- This season the average total for Nuggets games is 225.6 points, 0.4 fewer than the over/under of 226 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.7 points separates this contest’s over/under (226 points) and the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (222.3 points) this season.
- The Nuggets’ average implied point total this season is 5.4 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (114.6 implied points on average compared to 120 implied points in this game).
- Denver has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (120) 22 times.
- The 115.3-point average implied total on the season for the Rockets is 9.3 more points than the team’s 106-point implied total in this matchup.
- Houston has scored more than 106 points in 31 games this season.
- The Nuggets are at the fourth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (115.2 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 26th-fewest points per game (114.8) in the league.
- The Nuggets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 288 points this season (4.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by 434 more points on the year (7.3 per game).
- The Nuggets points, rebounds and assists leader is Jokic. He contributes 26.3 points per game and adds 10.9 rebounds and 8.7 assists.
- Jokic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 40.5, 5.4 lower than his season average of 45.9.
- Jamal Murray connects on 2.7 threes per game to lead the Nuggets.
- Murray’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Denver’s blocks leader is JaVale McGee, who records 1.1 per game. Jokic leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals lower than his season average of 1.4.
- Christian Wood leads the team in both scoring (21.0 points per game) and rebounding (9.5 rebounds per game).
- Wood’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 2.5 lower than his season average of 32.0.
- John Wall holds the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 6.9 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 26.5, 4.2 lower than his season average of 30.7.
- Eric Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, averaging 2.6 treys per game.
- Gordon’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Houston’s Jae’Sean Tate has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Wood is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from