The No. 2 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) and the Tulane Green Wave (0-0) square off in a college football matchup at Yulman Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Green Wave,on the moneyline to win, host the Sooners, listed at on the spread, on September 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET on ABC. The total for the contest is set at points.
In this article we surface key metrics, betting trends, top players and the best available odds — everything you need before placing a bet on the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Oklahoma Vs. Tulane Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Oklahoma Offense Vs. Tulane Defense (2020)
|Oklahoma Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulane Defense|
|43.0 (6)||Points/Gm||28.1 (57)|
|494.7 (11)||Yards/Gm||422.0 (77)|
|315.0 (14)||Pass Yards/Gm||278.7 (115)|
|179.7 (49)||Rush Yards/Gm||143.3 (42)|
|9.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||8.5 (110)|
|4.7 (41)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (15)|
|40.1% (62)||3rd Down %||40.0% (61)|
|14 (72)||Turnovers||19 (18)|
|23 (91)||Sacks||37 (3)|
Tulane Offense Vs. Oklahoma Defense (2020)
|Tulane Offense||Stats (Rank)||Oklahoma Defense|
|34.7 (22)||Points/Gm||21.7 (28)|
|394.0 (63)||Yards/Gm||351.5 (30)|
|176.7 (109)||Pass Yards/Gm||245.5 (82)|
|217.3 (17)||Rush Yards/Gm||106.0 (9)|
|6.8 (86)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (21)|
|5.1 (22)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (20)|
|33.8% (104)||3rd Down %||27.9% (4)|
|14 (72)||Turnovers||19 (18)|
|34 (121)||Sacks||37 (3)|
When Oklahoma Has The Ball
- The Sooners’ passing attack averaged 9.6 yards per pass attempt last season (eighth in FBS). The Green Wave gave up 8.5 per pass (110th).
- Tulane’s defense allowed 278.7 yards through the air per game last season (115th in the FBS). Oklahoma’s 315.0 passing yards per game were 14th in college football.
- The Sooners allowed 23 sacks last season to rank 91st in college football. The Green Wave’s defense compiled 37 (third-most).
- Oklahoma had the 11th-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game a season ago (494.7). They take on a Tulane defense that ranked 77th last year, giving up 422.0 yards per game.
When Tulane Has The Ball
- The Green Wave allowed the seventh-most sacks in college football last year (34), and are facing the pass rush ranked third, the Sooners’ (37).
- Tulane had a 33.8% third-down conversion rate a season ago, 104th in the FBS. Oklahoma allowed third-down conversions on 27.9% of its opponents’ attempts (fourth).
- The Sooners’ defense gave up 6.6 yards per pass attempt last season (21st in FBS). The Green Wave’s offense averaged 6.8 yards per pass (86th).
- Tulane ranked 72nd in college football last season, committing 14 turnovers, while Oklahoma was 18th with 19 turnovers forced.
Oklahoma Betting Trends And Insights
- Oklahoma went 6-3-0 ATS last season.
- The Sooners were favored by 26.5 points or more three times last season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Oklahoma and its opponents combined to go over the point total four out of nine times last season.
- In three of nine games last season, Oklahoma and its opponents went over 69.5 points.
- The Sooners won 71.4% of the games last season they were the moneyline favorite (5-2).
Tulane Betting Trends And Insights
- Tulane covered seven times in 11 matchups with a spread last year.
- A total of six of Tulane’s games last year went over the point total.
- Oklahoma and its opponents combined to score more than 69.5 points in three of nine games last season.
- Last season, the Green Wave were listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
Oklahoma Players To Watch
- Spencer Rattler recorded 3,031 passing yards (275.5 yards per game) with a 67.5% completion percentage last year (214-of-317), while throwing 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also tacked on 160 rushing yards on 81 carries with six touchdowns, averaging 14.5 yards per game.
- A season ago, Rhamondre Stevenson churned out 665 rushing yards (110.8 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns. He added 18 catches for 211 yards (35.2 receiving yards per game).
- T.J. Pledger totaled 451 rushing yards on 95 carries (50.1 yards per game), with five touchdowns on the ground, last year.
- Last season, Marvin Mims grabbed 37 passes for 610 yards (55.5 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- Theo Wease Jr. chipped in with 530 yards on 37 grabs and four touchdowns. He put up 48.2 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last year Austin Stogner caught 26 passes for 422 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 52.8 receiving yards per game.
Tulane Players To Watch
- Michael Pratt racked up 1,806 passing yards (180.6 yards per game) with a 54.9% completion percentage last year (139-of-253), while throwing 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also tacked on 229 rushing yards on 115 carries with eight touchdowns, averaging 22.9 yards per game.
- Stephon Huderson ran for 776 yards on 128 attempts (64.7 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns a season ago.
- Cameron Carroll amassed 741 rushing yards on 122 carries (61.8 yards per game), with 12 touchdowns on the ground last season.
- Last season Duece Watts recorded 31 catches for 512 yards (56.9 ypg) with six touchdowns.
- Jha’Quan Jackson’s stat line last year showed 31 catches for 425 yards and eight touchdowns. He put up 38.6 receiving yards per game.
- Phat Watts totaled 217 yards on 17 catches in 2020, averaging 21.7 yards per game .
Powered By Data Skrive using data from