Sports

Transfer Talk: Ronaldo’s first offer since leaving Man United could be Al Hilal

The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Saudi club Al Hilal see chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo could be set to receive his first offer since being released by Manchester United, with Al Hilal preparing to make a move for the 37-year-old forward, according to Sky Sports.

The Saudi Professional League side previously made a proposal to land his signature during the summer transfer market, but the Red Devils turned down their approach. It is also understood that he wasn’t interested in making the switch there.

Now a free agent, clubs can make contract offers for Ronaldo’s services without the need to agree to a transfer fee — but while that will make it easier for some sides to enter negotiations, reports have suggested that Ronaldo would prefer a move to a side who can offer him Champions League football.

– World Cup 2022: News and features | Schedule | Squads

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Newcastle have all made it clear that they are not interested in Ronaldo, however.

It is reported that Al Hilal will look to move on striker Odion Ighalo in January if they are able to acquire Ronaldo, who became the first player to score in five men’s World Cups on Thursday after scoring a penalty in Portugal‘s 3-2 win over Ghana.

PAPER GOSSIP

Internazionale are looking to sign Romelu Lukaku to a new one-year loan deal, says Sky Italy. It is reported that the Serie A side will make an attempt to sign him on a permanent deal after one more season at the club, with hopes that they can persuade Chelsea to lower their previous demands to move him on permanently from Stamford Bridge. The 29-year-old striker has scored once in four Serie A appearances this season.

Alejandro Gomez looks to be one of the first players that Sevilla manager Jorge Sampaoli wants to move on in January, according to Mundo Deportivo. The 34-year-old attacking midfielder has failed to produce the level of form that he displayed for Atalanta, and he could now be set to return to the Serie A, with Hellas Verona reported to be interested in his signature.

– The race for Palmeiras forward Endrick is continuing, with Chelsea and Real Madrid set to join the race for his signature, writes Fabrizio Romano. Paris Saint-Germain have been linked strongly with the 16-year-old Brazil youth international, but it is reported that a decision is yet to be made on his future.

Juventus have received a boost in their pursuit of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, reveals Calciomercato. It is understood that the 27-year-old midfielder has no intentions to renew his contract with Lazio, as he nears the final 18 months of his deal at the Stadio Olimpico. The Bianconeri are believed to value his services at around €60m, and are prepared to offer him a deal worth €6m-per-season. Milinkovic-Savic started for Serbia on Thursday night as his side lost 2-0 to Brazil at the World Cup.

Charlotte FC have made an offer worth $6.5m to sign Enzo Copetti, reports Cesar Luis Merlo. The MLS club have recently been monitoring the 26-year-old forward, though it is understood that Argentina Primera Division side Racing Santander would like the proposal to be improved if they are to agree to part ways with him. He has contributed to 15 goals in 25 league matches this season.

– Paris Saint-Germain coach Christophe Galtier says he does not know if Lionel Messi will continue at the club next season. Messi, 35, becomes a free agent next summer and has not signed a new contract with PSG.

The French giants have reportedly offered the Argentina superstar a contract renewal until June 2024 while he has also been linked with a move to MLS with Inter Miami.

Asked what will determine if Messi will stay at PSG next season, Galtier said: “There are many parameters. The first thing is his desire. Does he want to continue at PSG? Is he happy here? The first thing to know is if he wants to continue.”

Galtier, meanwhile, spoke about Kylian Mbappe’s future. The French forward turned down a move to Real Madrid in May and instead signed a new contract with PSG until June 2024, with an option to extend it for a further season.

“It’s the same situation as that of Leo,” Galtier said. “If a player is happy in a place there’s no reason why he has to leave. To be happy you need to enjoy yourself. Once a player starts to enjoy himself on the pitch and feels that he is in a team that can win and achieve great challenges, there’s no reason to leave. I don’t think it [Mbappe’s decision to stay] was down to money. All the world-class players whether it’s in Spain, England or France earn it. They are not there for the money. I think it’s simply that Kylian loves PSG.”

Asked if Mbappe is happy at PSG, he said: “Yes. I’m certain. Guaranteed. If he is happy why wouldn’t Kylian be here next season?”



Most Related Links :
usnewsmail Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button