The Washington Wizards (33-38) are 5.5-point favorites as they attempt to build on a three-game home winning streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (33-38) on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at Capital One Arena. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on NBCS-DC. The matchup’s point total is set at 229.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 16, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Hornets Betting Odds
Wizards vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 16
Raul Neto: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Garrison Mathews: Day To Day (Wrist),
Bradley Beal: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee),
Deni Avdija: Out For Season (Leg)
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Cody Martin: Day To Day (Ankle)
Wizards and Hornets Records ATS
- Washington has played to a 42-28 record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Wizards are 5-3 against the spread this season.
- 35 of 70 Washington games this season (50%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Charlotte has a 34-36 record ATS this season.
- The Hornets achieve a 3-0 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 5.5-point underdog.
- 45.7% of Charlotte’s 70 games this season have reached the over/under.
Head to Head
Terry Rozier scored a team-high 27 points to lead the Hornets over Rui Hachimura (30 points) and the Wizards 114-104 in their last matchup on March 30, 2021. The Hornets were favored by 4.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 218 total points to fall short of the 224.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/30/2021||Hornets||Wizards||-4.5||224.5||-183||150||Regular Season||114-104 CHA*|
|2/7/2021||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-97 CHA*|
Hornets: LaMelo Ball
Hornets: Devonte’ Graham
- Washington and its opponents have gone over Sunday’s 229.5 total in 41 out of 71 games (57.7%) this year.
- In 22 out of Charlotte’s 71 games this season (31%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the point total in Sunday’s matchup.
- On average, the Wizards have seen a 235.3 over/under in their games this season, 5.8 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 8.7 points more than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (220.8 points).
- The average implied total for the Wizards this season is 120 points, two more points than their implied total of 118 points in Sunday’s game.
- Washington has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (118) 37 times this season.
- The Hornets’ average implied point total on the season (113.6 points) is 1.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (112 points).
- This season, Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 112 points 28 times.
- The Wizards are the league’s third-highest scoring team (116.7 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 11th-fewest points per game (111.3) in NBA play.
- The Wizards have been out-scored by 137 points this season (1.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Hornets have out-scored them by 134 more points on the year (1.8 per game).
- Russell Westbrook leads the Wizards in both rebounds (11.5 per game) and assists (11.8 per game).
- Westbrook’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 53.50, 8.0 greater than his season average of 45.5.
- Washington’s scoring leader is Bradley Beal, who puts up 31.4 points per game.
- Beal’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 3.0 lower than his season average of 40.5.
- Davis Bertans makes 3.0 threes per game to lead the Wizards.
- Bertans’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Washington’s steals leader is Westbrook, who grabs 1.4 per game. Daniel Gafford leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks an outing.
- Westbrook’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.50, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Rozier with 20.4 points per game. He also adds 4.3 rebounds per game and 4.2 assists per game.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 18.5, 1.9 points lower than his season average of 20.4.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Cody Zeller with 6.9 rebounds per game and LaMelo Ball with 6.2 assists per game.
- Ball’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 28.50, 0.8 higher than his season average of 27.7.
- Devonte’ Graham is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, knocking down 3.3 threes per game.
- Graham’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Charlotte’s Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and P.J. Washington is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Washington’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.50, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from