The Houston Cougars (2-1, 1-0 AAC) bring a three-game winning streak into matchup with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (0-3, 0-0 AAC). The Cougars,on the moneyline to win, and the Golden Hurricane, listed at on the spread, kick things off on October 1, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. Oddsmakers have set the contest’s over/under at .
Before you place a bet on this game, read this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to betting trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 26, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Tulsa Vs. Houston Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Tulsa Offense Vs. Houston Defense
|Golden Hurricane Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cougars Defense|
|20.0 (113)||Points/Gm||15.0 (19)|
|444.0 (34)||Yards/Gm||230.0 (10)|
|284.3 (29)||Pass Yards/Gm||122.0 (5)|
|159.7 (68)||Rush Yards/Gm||108.0 (40)|
|7.8 (57)||Yards/Pass||6.8 (68)|
|4.7 (46)||Yards/Rush||3.3 (43)|
|36.6% (87)||3rd Down %||24.3% (8)|
|5 (88)||Turnovers||4 (41)|
|5 (79)||Sacks||6 (35)|
Houston Offense Vs. Tulsa Defense
|Houston Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulsa Defense|
|36.7 (40)||Points/Gm||29.3 (99)|
|355.3 (91)||Yards/Gm||406.7 (93)|
|227.0 (67)||Pass Yards/Gm||223.0 (80)|
|128.3 (97)||Rush Yards/Gm||183.7 (102)|
|6.8 (91)||Yards/Pass||7.7 (94)|
|3.3 (109)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (83)|
|44.7% (42)||3rd Down %||48.9% (116)|
|5 (88)||Turnovers||3 (70)|
|7 (104)||Sacks||3 (80)|
When Tulsa Has The Ball
- The Golden Hurricane have the No. 113 scoring offense in the FBS (20.0 points per game), and will be up against the 19th-ranked defense in college football (the Cougars allow 15.0 ppg).
- Tulsa converts 36.6% of its third-down plays (87th in college football). Houston’s defense gives up third-down conversions at a 24.3% clip (eighth).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 88th in college football, committing five turnovers this season, while the Cougars are 41st with four turnovers forced.
- Tulsa is 79th-ranked in college football in sacks conceded (five), and is up against the team ranked 35th in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, Houston (six).
When Houston Has The Ball
- The Cougars are 42nd in the FBS in third-down percentage (44.7%) and will be up against the 116th-ranked Golden Hurricane defense in that category (48.9%).
- Houston has the 40th-ranked offense in the FBS (36.7 points per game), and will be facing Tulsa’s 99th-ranked defense (29.3 ppg).
- The Cougars average 3.3 yards per carry (109th in college football) compared to the 4.2 per attempt the Golden Hurricane allow (83rd in the FBS).
- Houston has given up seven sacks to rank 104th in college football. Tulsa’s defense has three (48th-fewest).
Tulsa Betting Trends And Insights
- Tulsa has put together a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Hurricane have not played as the moneyline favorite so far this season.
Houston Betting Trends And Insights
- Houston has won two games against the spread this year.
- Games featuring Houston have hit the over once this year.
- Houston has played only one game this season that finished with a combined score higher than 57 points.
- The Cougars lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Tulsa Players To Watch
- Davis Brin leads his team with 853 passing yards (284.3 per game) and has a 59.6% completion percentage (65-of-109), throwing two touchdown passes and four interceptions.
- Deneric Prince has churned out a team-best 251 rushing yards (83.7 per game) and two touchdowns. He has added seven receptions for 67 yards (22.3 yards per game).
- Shamari Brooks has 145 yards on 30 carries (48.3 ypg). He also has four catches for 46 yards (15.3 ypg).
- This season Josh Johnson has 14 receptions for a team-high 190 receiving yards (63.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- JuanCarlos Santana has hauled in 12 catches for 160 yards (53.3 yards per game).
- Sam Crawford Jr. has collected 132 yards on 10 receptions, averaging 44.0 yards per game.
Houston Players To Watch
- This year, Clayton Tune has put up 472 passing yards (157.3 yards per game) while going 53-for-75 (70.7% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and five interceptions. He has added 69 rushing yards on 24 carries with one touchdown, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- Alton McCaskill has racked up a team-best 159 rushing yards (53.0 per game) and four touchdowns. He has added five receptions for 51 yards (17.0 yards per game) and one TD.
- Nathaniel Dell has racked up 22 receptions for 301 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 100.3 receiving yards per game.
- Christian Trahan has also contributed with 10 receptions for 73 yards.
- This season Jake Herslow is averaging 22.0 yards per game, with six catches for 66 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from