The Atlanta Hawks (41-31, 1-1) and the New York Knicks (41-31, 1-1) meet in Game 3 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs. The Hawks are favored by in the contest, which will be broadcast on ESPN at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 27, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Knicks Betting Odds
Hawks vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 27
Cam Reddish: Out (Achilles),
Brandon Goodwin: Out For Season (Illness)
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Ankle)
Hawks and Knicks Records ATS
- Atlanta has compiled a 40-33-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Hawks are 15-11 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 4-point favorite.
- Only 34 of 74 Atlanta games this season (45.9%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- New York has outpaced the spread so far this season with a record of 47-27.
- When playing as at least a 4-point underdog, the Knicks frequently meet expectations with a 7-3 record against the spread.
- 42 of New York’s 74 games (56.8%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
Derrick Rose scored a team-high 26 points to lead the Knicks over Trae Young (30 points) and the Hawks 101-92 in their most recent matchup on May 26, 2021. The Knicks were favored by 2 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 193 total points to fall short of the 213.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/21/2021||Hawks||Knicks||-1.5||219||-123||103||Regular Season||137-127 NY|
|2/15/2021||Hawks||Knicks||-1.5||218.5||-123||102||Regular Season||123-112 NY|
|1/4/2021||Hawks||Hawks||-7||224.5||-282||226||Regular Season||113-108 NY|
- Atlanta’s games this year have gone over the point total for Friday’s matchup point total (211.5 points) in 70.3% of opportunities (52 out of 74 matchups).
- In 34 out of New York’s 74 games this year (45.9%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the over/under in Friday’s matchup.
- The Hawks have seen a 224.5 average over/under in their games this season, 13.0 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- This season the average over/under for the Knicks’ games is 211.5 points, matching the total points bet (211.5 points) for this contest.
- The Hawks have an average implied point total of 115.5 this season, which is 7.5 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (108).
- Atlanta has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (108) 56 times this season.
- The 109.5-point average implied total on the season for the Knicks is 5.5 more points than the team’s 104-point implied total in this matchup.
- New York has scored more than 104 points in 42 games on the season.
- The Hawks are the league’s 13th-highest scoring team (113.3 PPG), while the Knicks allow the fewest points per game (104.6) in NBA play.
- The Hawks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 160 points this season (2.2 points per game on average), and the Knicks have put up 173 more points than their opponents on the year (2.3 per game).
- Young leads the Hawks in points and assists. He averages 25.3 points per game while also adding 9.4 assists.
- Young’s assists prop total for the matchup is posted at 9.5 assists, 0.1 higher than his season average of 9.4.
- Atlanta’s rebounding leader is Clint Capela, who grabs 14.3 per game.
- Capela’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 16.5 rebounds, 2.2 rebounds higher than his season average of 14.3.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic hits 3.3 threes per game to lead the Hawks.
- Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Atlanta’s blocks leader is Capela, who averages 2.0 per game. Cam Reddish leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a game.
- Capela’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 blocks higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Julius Randle leads the Knicks with 24.1 points per game, 10.2 rebounds per game, and 6.0 assists per game.
- Randle’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 10.5 boards, 0.3 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.2.
- Reggie Bullock is tops from three-point range for the Knicks, knocking down 2.5 threes per game.
- Bullock’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Nerlens Noel is a defensive force for New York, leading the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (2.2 per game).
- Noel’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.6 steals less than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from